Southern Girls Challenge 'The dream is real'

It's time for a new Team Lou challenge over at the Southern Girls Challenge Blogspot - this time we are looking at Fairies, Fantasy and/or flowers.  We have got some great sponsors for this challenge including Technique Tuesday and Hannah Lyne Art.

I have chosen to use a great digi stamp from Hannah Lyne Art - Bookwork Fairy, it reminds me of my daughter, she loves to read and to write songs!  With this being my inspiration I have made a notebook for her.  


 This is something that I haven't done before so there was a bit of trial and error.  I used a notebook that I purchased from a store, making sure that it had a sturdy cover for my base.  I then added some sheet music and some other lightly patterned pieces of paper. From there I added my circles for the bubbles and tried a few different mediums to get them white....gesso was the winner in the end!
I've added a bit of extra colour using gelatos.....I did discover that trying to write on top of the gesso with a black pen doesn't work very well.




I hope you like it, and it inspires you to try something out of your creative comfort zone too!




Hannah Lyne Art                                                                     Technique Tuesday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the air - LCC

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes

Guest Designer - Clique Kits