H2O Babies

It's that special time again.....the reveal of the next sketch for the Let's Scrap sketches challenge.
So here it is.......

And my take on this one.....

I saw a tutorial the other day for some card backgrounds and this sparked my inspiration for my layout background.  While the tutorial itself was more colour saturated, I did use the colour application technique from it.  If you are interested to see what I am talking about, go to Jennifer Mcguire ink.

So I started with the ink application using my fingers, then applied some ink to a stamping block spritzing it with water and pressing this down to create a more washy look.  I used the negative of some lettering chipboard and traced around some of the letters to add some interest.  And finally adding some directional stamping and texture paste and this completes my background.




Happy scrapping everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the air - LCC

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes

Guest Designer - Clique Kits